Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Showering my amazing sister

The shower was in the historic Astor House in downtown Golden
I somehow fell way behind on my blog, but I will make up for it with a slew of entries.

Hard at work in the kitchen

I just got back from throwing a wedding shower for my beautiful, amazing sister. I flew to Colorado Thursday, spent pretty much all of Saturday and Sunday in the kitchen with my mom, aunt and cousin, and then put on the party Sunday.

We got plants and decorated them with fabric for party favors

It was so much fun -- the party and the preparation.

The spread

We made a tea-party spread, complete with tea sandwiches, scones, biscotti and cupcakes.

Guests wrote marriage advice on index cards and put them in this lantern

We tried a ton of new recipes, which I will share in the next several posts.

The guest of honor

No comments:

Post a Comment