Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Quick and easy homemade salsa

Making homemade salsa makes me feel very Martha Stewart-esque. It's one of those things that comes so readily pre-prepared, and I just feel like such a homemaker when I make it myself. Even if it is incredibly easy to make.

I had never made salsa until about a year ago, and I guess the excitement of it has yet to wear off.

I whipped up this batch last week for book club.


EASY HOMEMADE SALSA
1/2 onion, chopped
3 or 4 jalapeƱo peppers, de-seeded and chopped (and when I say chopped, I don't mean finely chopped, chunked might be a better word because it all goes in the food process)
Lots of garlic (depending on how much you like garlic)
1 chipotle pepper from a can (I only throw this in if I happen to have some in the fridge, usually left over from something else)
Juice from 1/2 lime
Cilantro (as much or as little as you want)
2 cans diced tomatoes, drained (or fresh tomatoes when they're in season)

Put all ingredients in the food processor. Pulse a few times. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and pulse a few more times.

Feel good about yourself for making homemade salsa and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment