Thursday, March 15, 2012

Lemony goodness

My mom and I have been baking up a storm since I got to Colorado.

While looking through her recipe box for molasses crinkle cookies (I'll post that recipe soon), we found a recipe for lemon curd squares, given to my mom by an old friend. My mom had never made the dessert, so we decided to give it a try. It's definitely a new favorite.


LEMON CURD SQUARES


1 cup flour (we used a gluten-free mixture of sorghum, potato starch and white rice flour)
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons lemon zest

Preheat oven to 350.

Sift together flour and powdered sugar. Add melted butter.

Press the mixture into a greased 8-by-8-inch pan.

Bake for 20 minutes.


Meanwhile, combine sugar, baking powder, eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest.

Pour over crust. (No need to let the crust cool).

Bake for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment